Saturday, January 9, 2010

Janet's Chocolate Pudding Recipe

If you've been following the conversation about chocolate pudding on Facebook, then you will appreciate the following recipe sent to me by Janet Rosen for homemade chocolate pudding. I can't wait to try it! We are leaving in a couple of days to go to my nephew's Bar-Mitzvah in Pennsylvania, so I won't be posting any recipes for a bit. I look forward to posting more when I return. In the meantime, hope your pudding puds!


JANET ROSEN’S VERY OWN ULTRACHOCOLATE HOPE IT PUDS PUDDING

IN A DOUBLE BOILER, SET IN SIMMERING WATER, MELT:
2 TB SWEET BUTTER

BLEND IN A BLENDER:
3/4 CUP UNSWEETENED COCOA
3/4 CUP SUGAR
3 1/2 CUP MILK (REAL OR NONDAIRY)

ADD TO MELTED BUTTER AND HEAT TO NEAR BOIL (DO NOT LET IT BOIL)

MIX TOGETHER:
3/4 CUP CORNSTARCH
1/2 CUP COLD MILK (REAL OR NONDAIRY)

ADD TO THE HOT MIXTURE, STIRRING CONTINUOUSLY.
COOK, STIRRING, X 10 MINUTES
COVER AND COOK ANOTHER 10 MINUTES

LET IT COOL DOWN, MIX IN 2 TSP VANILLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment